Thread: First impressions

Blog Entries

First impressions

Post away!

Played two rounds today on TG. Ping was something 200 but I didn't notice any trouble over this as we're looking at a quite slower paced actions than in BF4 for example. Might have to do a test run on an European server too.

Fool's Road, a PR map remake, played quite well. I felt right at home bumping into enemies all of a sudden. This really managed to capture those "holy crap" moments that you won't really get in faster paced games. Still the game is far from complete. The infantry play works quite well but we're still missing vehicles, logistics and so on from the game. At least I didn't see any light vehicles yet.

The second map I played was one of those "new" Afghan maps. Lokar Valley maybe? I wasn't as thrilled about this as I was about Fool's Road. Maybe it's due to the fact that many games have had similar settings lately like Insurgency and Arma. The map did work well however. Still looking forward to playing with different factions as again, the US forces seem to be the mainstream FPS faction nowadays. Looking forward to the Brits, while hoping that someone gets around modding factions like Germany, France or maybe some Eastern European army.

The game really has a lot of potential, I'm thinking.

Blog Entries

Re: First impressions

Some stuff I forgot: Positional Voip works as it should. Haven't had a chance to try SL channels yet, so I can't comment on those.

Weirdly I have some trouble mapping keys to my mouse. This might be completely mouse related and have nothing to do with Squad – just thought to mention it, if someone bumps into similar problems.

Will upload video tomorrow if I have the time.

I had a bug where I could not choose a spawn point at the end of my short test session yesterday.
    Other than that.. not much to report. Game ran a bit worse than I'd hoped, for how it looked, but I'll try a few tweaks to see where it ends up.

I just joined a random server, and the play was quite.. random indeed. I'll choose more carefully next time.

God, I would love to dive into this. But real life got a firm grip on me right now ... and not at the nice parts.
    I am drowning in opportunities to entertain myself, but free time got rare: the horror of first world luxury, I guess.

Squad on steam, BF4 - Dragons Valley, Elite: Horizons, Free Weekend of Swordcoast legends, Star Wars movie ...
    Can't you spread it out a bit or move it to another week!

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    God, I would love to dive into this. But real life got a firm grip on me right now ... and not at the nice parts.
    I am drowning in opportunities to entertain myself, but free time got rare: the horror of first world luxury, I guess.

Squad on steam, BF4 - Dragons Valley, Elite: Horizons, Free Weekend of Swordcoast legends, Star Wars movie ...
    Can't you spread it out a bit or move it to another week!
    I'm having the same issues, the world is cruel!