Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squad Videos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Blog Entries

Squad Videos

Just a quick vid from yesterday. We had a good talkative squad and a good SL as well. I cut over half of the vid away, so this one is mostly just action. I didn't bother with tinkering with editing over that.

The map is pretty small so you can pretty much get anywhere by foot. There seems to be some small bugs on the maps. For example I got stuck in a pile of coal and ended having to suicide.

We ended up losing by 11 tickets.

Hard to capture the urgency of the action though – Think between ArmA and BF and you're there. Also revives take time as you have to first bandage and then heal. You might be down several minutes before the area is clear enough to revive and after that the process takes some time as well. I cut away some two minutes from death screen at the end of vid to make it more enjoyable for viewers.

Also camos and staying still really work as you can probably see from the vid. Unmoving targets are damn hard to spot. Hence suppression and firing in a lot in the general direction is a must.
    Last edited by Hablos; 17.12.2015 at 19:05.

Re: Squad Videos

Seems very similar to PR with a quick watch.
    Brings back some good memories from that time. Played so many late nights.
    Will see if at some point next year I could make some more time for gaming I would like to try this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FINArsi View Post
    Seems very similar to PR with a quick watch.
    Brings back some good memories from that time. Played so many late nights.
    Indeed. On Fool's Road you'd think you never left.

Blog Entries

Some Fool's Road from yesterday. Our squad was defending a FOB in the tunnels under the Fortress flag against militia attacks. The tunnels didn't exist in PR, so I was quite lost to where I was. There's about three or four levels of the damn things. I still need to figure out how to record both squad and local VoIP. Tried yesterday but with numerous crashes I just wanted to play in the end.

The game seems to have matured somewhat from last December and vehicles should be introduced pretty soon. Just Humwees, BRDMs and trucks to begin with but it should change the game dynamics nicely. I am really liking this but I don't want to get totally hooked right now with summer and all.

I was playing in the [RIP] server which has a talkative and nice playerbase. Used to play with some of the guys around the PR:Arma era.
    Last edited by Hablos; 26.07.2016 at 12:50.

Nice shooting there Hablos! Yeah i played a couple of games the other night on TG and it's gotten much better. Vehicles should be out in august sometime so really looking forward to that as well. Will check out the RIP server thanks for the tip!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfast View Post
    Nice shooting there Hablos!
    Haha. More like lucky panic full auto!

Brilliant stuff Hablos! Looks very fun indeed. In fact it reminds me of sneaky games of CSS at TG years and years ago

Blog Entries

EDIT: Seems I accidently uploaded a wmv file instead of a mp4. Quality is dreadfull..
    EDIT2: Never mind...

Random round of Squad in Chora Valley with some random people. About first half of the video we are intercepting an assaulting US squad. The latter part is defending the Radio Station from the enemy. Note to self: Talk more and shoot better.

Edited about half of the round away to get rid of the less actiony parts. The future introduction of vehicles will cut the downtime and moving from flag to flag which will make showing full rounds more fun. Time stamps for actiony parts.

Last edited by Hablos; 02.08.2016 at 23:12.

Blog Entries

Some last minutes form yesterday in Yehorivka. An assault towards US held Crossroads flag with infantry and BTR support.

And some medic action from Logar Valley.

Last edited by Hablos; 10.08.2016 at 14:19.

Blog Entries

A quickie from yesterday. One of those random moments of oh crap, bad shooting and rushing in before checking the corner properly.