Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DayZ

Blog Entries

DayZ

Thought to post this even thought it's not my usual cup of tea.

This is a mod for ArmA 2 that sets the player to the Chernarus continent to fight zombies and possibly human players. This is a persistent game which means your inventory will be saved between sessions etc.

Sadly this needs Operation Arrowhead to work, but I think some of you have it.

I think the idea is cool.

Link to DayZ

Blog Entries

Re: DayZ

Articles:

PC Gamer

Rockpapershotgun

I've really started to like this mod. Every session is different, you never know if other people are friendly or unfriendly and you need to be carefull as you lose all progress if you're killed. This creates very nice situations that I haven't found in games yet. All though I never played MMO's which could possibly have provided these too.

Finally we're back at "larger worlds, more ways to interact with the larger world or by opening a larger populace to plan and execute in those larger worlds with their friends from the very real large world."

Hopefully some game companies will think about this in their brainstorming departments.

I played this for 10 minutes earlier, will probably be linking up with Kebab for some zombie apocalypse fun in the near future!

Do you guys play this? How is it? Looks like a sort of tactical Left 4 dead or something.

Yogscast made five episodes of this, looks like great fun if you play it with your friends. Of course Simon screws up after 5 minutes.

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" - H.P. Lovecraft

4:23. I can steel your loot and stuff.

Despite how well my PC handles ArmA 2, DayZ runs like crap on my machine. Impossible framerates due to lag, I believe.

Majorly disappointing.

The Yogscast vids are great fun to watch. Would love to get this and give it a go....still in development I believe it's still officially alpha stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jazy2 View Post
    The Yogscast vids are great fun to watch. Would love to get this and give it a go....still in development I believe it's still officially alpha stage.
    Yeah, still seems to have alot of bugs and very super realistic at times (quoting yogscast there).
    "The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" - H.P. Lovecraft